Papa's Cookies Papa's Cookies

This is the review crew pick of my heart.

Absolutely Garry's Mood - End of the Rope Absolutely Garry's Mood - End of the Rope

Is this any different from the last time you uploaded it?

jazmik responds:

The more observant among men will undoubtedly take notice of the differences.

Jamaica-Man Jamaica-Man

The writing needs more "show don't tell." All the dialogue very explicitly explains every last detail of what's going on, and comes off as unnatural exposition. Try to have the animation tell more of the story, or get across the information with more natural dialogue. I think you also know that the voices need some work, since you added the very necessary subtitles. You can find voice actors on newgrounds in the forums.

Rojay101 responds:

Thanks for your advice

Downhill Roller Downhill Roller

Not a bad start, but needs more visual polish and gameplay tweaking.
Recommendations:
-Since it's randomly generated, maybe work in some logic that starts off the hazards as easier, then makes them more difficult/dense as you go. Otherwise the difficulty can be pretty inconsistent.
-More control over the ball's left and right movement
-Any control over the ball speed. Obviously you shouldn't be able to make it go really slow just to get a really high score, but you could make the minimum speed go up as you get farther, and at least allow some minor braking to dodge.
-Some type of collectibles and positive things to hit besides ramps. Think Mario Kart.

Noreh responds:

1) Visuals are something I'm terrible at haha + constantly working on gameplay.
2) I noticed the difficulty is completely random based on the randomness of the tiles. I will try to make it more consistant but my coding knowledge isn't the best just yet xD.
3) Still trying to find the right balance for the left/right movement. Thanks for the feedback on this!
4) I like this idea, but I personally thought if it started slow it would get boring. But you make good points.
5) I was thinking floating rings in the air that boost your score up by (x) amount.

Overall great feedback and really useful! Thank you.

Skate Hooligans Skate Hooligans

The game itself is pretty good, but the error screen constantly comes up and forces a reload.

Rex: Origins Rex: Origins

That last platforming section is brutal in a couple ways, but this is pretty good as a simple mechanic game jam game. I'd give it around a 3.5, but I kinda love the rap (and as an indie dev working solo on a flash game, I feel it) and that boosts it up to 4 stars for me.

Kwing responds:

Hey, thanks! I was running out of ideas toward the end of the game and I didn't want to just include the same mechanics over and over, so I settled for a couple gimmicky sections. Looking back I'm thinking I should have changed the rounded edges of the platforms at least a little.

Glad you liked the rap too.

Call the Butt Cheeks Call the Butt Cheeks

An artistic triumph.

DBZ - Dun-Dun-Dun Theme DBZ - Dun-Dun-Dun Theme

Good stuff, Oney. Real good stuff.

Sonic OVA Theme Remix Sonic OVA Theme Remix

Good, as usual

Another psyguy remix for me to favorite.

Violence and Religion Violence and Religion